Fabricating new fuel rail brackets part III

First I cut the brackets roughly to shape with a grinder, then I marked where to drill the fuel rails. First hole is a small pilot hole. I put a piece of tape on the drill bit to know the depth I needed.

And then I drilled the final hole and started to use the M6x1 tap, buuuuut, as you can see, the tap did not last very long. The curse for not buying serious tools I guess…

So my goal of starting the motor today came to an halt, and I need to go out and get a new tap tomorrow. Fun times!

 

Advertisements
This entry was posted in 1983 Mercedes-Benz 280TE and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s